20 December 2017, Chelmsford, Essex.
Essex Businesses make a New Year’s Resolution to access funded business training
BEST Growth Hub announce programme of funded business workshops across Essex
The BEST Growth Hub today announced a funded business workshop programme*, which entitles Essex businesspeople to receive expert training at locations across Essex. The programme is supported by the Essex Innovation Programme (a successful Essex County Council project to foster innovation across Essex).
Commencing 8th January 2018, workshop topics include: social media, financing for growth, public relations, branding, family businesses, GDPR, sales and cold-calling, risk management, HR, market research, health and safety, intellectual property, patents and trademarks and other local authority services for business.
The programme consists of three and six hour workshops as well as 1.5 hour webinars. The workshops are delivered by award-winning expert business mentors that all have direct experience in running their own businesses.
The webinars are free to join, three-hour workshops are £10.00 per delegate and six-hour workshops are £20 per delegate.
With almost 70,000 small businesses located in Essex hundreds of businesspeople are expected to benefit from the expert training. The workshops are open to start-ups, established businesses, sole-traders as well as small, medium and large sized organisations. All levels of expertise are covered: from beginners to advanced business people.
To book, please visit http://funding-investment.essex.gov.uk/essex-funding-and-investment-support/workshops-and-training/best-growth-hub-business-workshop-programme/
Dec 1, 2017
Are you aware of the LoCASE grant scheme? Is your organisation registered and operating in the counties of Kent, Essex, or East Sussex? If so, you may be eligible for a LoCASE grant! Read on to see if you quality as the LoCASE grant scheme can provide support to your business in a number of ways:
- Grant funding up to a maximum of £10,000 can be awarded to your organisation to improve your business performance and profitability. The grant will form up to 40% of the cost of your eligible project, with the remainder matched by your business;
- Any business can use this money toward having energy efficiency measures installed for their business. The LoCASE grant scheme can contribute to both the cost of materials or equipment and any installation. Projects which save on fuel/mileage are also acceptable.
- If your business offers low carbon (or “green”) goods or services, a business development grant is also available to you. You can claim against costs such as marketing, consultancy, equipment, IT software, product/process development, accreditation and certification.
- The Steps To Environmental Management (STEM) scheme can help your business operate in a more environmentally friendly way, save money and win new business. It provides tools and templates to build an environmental management system aligned with the requirements of ISO 14001, a widely recognised international standard, or help you redesign an existing system. Workshops are laid on free of charge, which focus on each of the three stages of the scheme so you are able to progress at your own speed. Alternatively, you can be provided the material to work through in your own time. Businesses that complete each level of the scheme to receive an electronic certificate and a logo they can use to demonstrate their ongoing commitment to the environment.
- Innovation, R&D and growth support to help low carbon / environmental sector companies develop new products and services is available via the University of Brighton’s Green Growth Platform and other regional universities.
- A number of events and conferences will be supported by the project to help share information about the low carbon market including technologies and procurement whilst also providing you the chance to network with other businesses.
To be eligible for support via the LoCASE grant scheme, you just have to meet the following criteria:
- You must be a small or medium enterprise (SME):
- Employing 250 (FTE) employees or less
- Having an annual turnover of £44M or less and an annual balance sheet of £38M or less
- If another firm owns more than a quarter of your company, they must meet the above criteria
- Your organisation must not have received more than approximately £180,000 of state aid in the last three years
- Your organisation must be registered and operating in the counties of Kent, Essex, or East Sussex.
We can help you to write the grant request, and work with you to achieve your LoCASE grant scheme goals. Call 020 8868 3163 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Nov 9, 2017
Today the BEST Growth Hub Business Workshop Programme, funded by BEST and delivered by LAR Consultancy in partnership with other Essex Innovation Programme Mentors, has launched. BEST Growth Hub was launched in October 2015 to function as a ‘one-stop shop’ for business support such as: access to training, finance, marketing and local authority services. It aims to improve and simplify the Essex business support landscape and increase the overall take-up of business support. For more information please visit: www.BESTgrowthhub.org.uk. If you are booking onto a 3 hour workshop please also review the wider programme as often 2×3 hour workshops on a related subject are being delivered at the same venue on the same day. For more details and to book workshops, click here.